Software Quality Engineer In Test Android (Remote)
Software Quality Engineer In Test Android | Pinterest | Mexico
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with engineers and teams to improve test coverage, release velocity, and subsequently production health
- Design, code, and implement test cases and integrate with the automation suite
- Create, maintain, and execute functional, regression, and exploratory tests
- Proactively identify, track, reproduce, and triage bugs through resolution
- Provide test case coverage and defect metrics for substantiating release decisions
What We’re Looking For
- Android Engineers with an excellent product quality sense
- Strong problem-solving skills, and ability to think creatively while ensuring processes and procedures are properly followed
- Experience either in Java or Kotlin
- Experience with Espresso or Mockito is a huge plus
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; ability to produce clear, concise communications and documentation
- Highly effective at working in cross-functional groups and getting results in matrix organizations
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on concurrent assignments with different priorities
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance and candidates that apply should be based and legally authorized to work in Mexico.
Our Commitment To Diversity
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org for support.