Sr Data Engineer (Remote)
Sr Data Engineer | CrowdStrike | Canada
About The Role
We are looking to hire a Data Engineer for the Data Engineering team at CrowdStrike. The Data Engineering team operates within the Data Science organization, and provides the necessary pipelines, infrastructure, and automation for Data Scientist to train and evaluate models and allow users to analyze and act on vast quantities of data effortlessly. The team has one of the most critical roles to play in ensuring our products are best-in-class in the industry. You will interact with product managers, Data Scientist, and other engineers in building both internal and external facing services.
This job is open to remote candidates located in the US and Canada.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a team to design and build services that power industry-leading machine learning products.
- Build automation tools for scientists to deploy models.
- Help maintain and improve production data systems.
- Work with peers on code reviews / PRs.
- Work across several teams responsible for different aspects of contribution to machine learning data at CrowdStrike.
What You’ll Need
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of some (or all) of AWS, Python, Golang ,Kafka, Airflow, K8, etc to build pipelines.
- Have worked with large volumes of data in the past (We ingest and analyze over 1 Trillion events per day)
- Good knowledge of distributed system design and associated tradeoffs.
- Good knowledge of CI / CD and associated best practices.
- Familiarity with Docker and or Kubernetes based development and orchestration.
- Created automated / scalable infrastructure and pipelines for teams in the past.
- Contributed to the open-source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging).
- Prior experience with Spinnaker, Relational DBs, or KV Stores.
- Prior experience with the Big Data ecosystem like Spark
- Prior experience with services like AWS Batch, EMR, Glue, and SageMaker
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields.
Benefits Of Working At CrowdStrike
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation – generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Recruiting@crowdstrike.com , for further assistance.
CrowdStrike participates in the E-Verify program.
Notice of E-Verify Participation
Right to Work
CrowdStrike, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base salary range for this position in the U.S. is $105,000 – $195,000 per year + variable/incentive compensation + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and location.