Sr Global Reach Product Manager (Remote)
Sr Global Reach Product Manager | Zayo Group | United States
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The “Sr Global Reach Product Manager ” is responsible for managing Zayo’s Global Off Net Access products, relationships and strategies. You will work with a diverse set of internal and external partners, building and maintaining relationships with strategic vendors/partners in order to deliver on Zayo’s business objectives as well as own the product roadmap. The “Global Reach Product Manager Sr” will perform as a functional bridge amongst external vendors as well as internal stakeholders to understand business needs, manage risks, impediments, and dependencies to ensure delivery of business and financial commitments.
Experience managing vendors and products in a fast-paced, high-technology, multifaceted environment is crucial to your success as well as strong negotiation skills and financial acumen. The Global Access leader works closely with engineering, product managers, operations and go-to-market teams to guide services from concept to launch.
- Directly responsible and accountable for Zayo’s broader Global Reach Off-Net Access and backbone strategy and implementation
- Manage GR backbone initiatives on cost savings through renewals, procurement, discos and optimization. Support GR backbone asset and capacity management
- Lead Global Reach Vendor Management, developing and maintaining strategic relationships with our global vendors and managing vendor performance
- Manage contract negotiations with vendors – MSAs, NDAs, SOFs, and other partnership agreements including commercials/pricing
- Ownership of business cases for network expansions & improvements, working closely with marketing and commercial teams to sell into these network investments
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop pricing strategies, forecast demand, and optimize revenue
- Project management across different Global initiatives, including GR Rate Increase Initiative and Secondary Market Exit, GR Vendor and Market Gating Process, and Type II RFQ process
- Manage GR internal and external pricing and design resources
- Be the subject matter expert internally and externally at Zayo for our Global backbone and Global Access strategy, including attending customer meetings and industry conferences
- Support key stakeholders and cross-functional teams, such as Deal Management, Sales, Engineering, Service Delivery, NOC, Optimization, AP, Legal and Tax, with project initiatives and escalations
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in global/subsea telecommunications and network optimization
- 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field. MBA is a plus.
- Experience as a Product Manager or Vendor Manager with excellent negotiations and contract management skills.
- Ability to act independently yet in alignment with department and firm goals to achieve optimal outcomes for a range of stakeholders (sales, finance, customer, vendor, network engineering & operations)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interface with all levels of employees, clients and vendors
- Desire to understand processes, identify improvements and implement change as well as great knowledge of global market price points.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced skills in G-suite and salesforce.
- Ability to work with deadlines, and under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Strong administrative, problem solving and organizational skills. Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, outgoing and positive, and to exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Travel as needed.
Base pay range: $83,300 – $124,950, commensurate with experience
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
- Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.