Sr Principal Architect (Remote)
Sr Principal Architect | HERE Technologies | Poland
Join the Platform Architecture team as a Sr Principal Architect to lead the design and development of the Platform’s foundation services, providing the building blocks for both HERE internal and external customers location services. In this role you will work with your peers cross-function, improving existing services, evaluating new technology and creating new capabilities for the Platform. You will evaluate technical and business requirements, create architectures balancing all of them and achieve buy-in from the stakeholders. You do not only strive for technical excellence, but you’re also a great communicator and drive things forward. You’re not settling for the status quo and keep an open mind all the
time to find the best fitting solutions.
- Drive the success of the platform’s foundational services through deliberate, clear, consistent software and system design, implementation and validation.
- Technically, lead the teams and projects you work in. This demands an analytical mindset, solid theoretical background and excellent communication skills.
- Be an integral part of the platform architecture group and work in close partnership with respective product and engineering management.
Who are you?
A Background In Developing Complex Distributed Cloud Systems, Accounting Services, Billing Systems, Or Platforms And Technology Is Very Beneficial To Be Able To Successfully Lead The Architecture Work
You bring a hands-on pragmatic approach and an analytical mind-set with a sound theoretical basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science
- 10+ years of experience in delivering software products or systems in various roles, experience in lead engineer or lead architect roles as well as developing scale-out distributed cloud services
- 3+ year in architect or lead engineer roles
- Expert in microservices architecture and highly-scalable distributed cloud systems experience in restful API design
- Experience one or more of Presto, Apache Flink, Apache Spark and Apache Parquet for high volume data processing
- Experience in Kubernetes and Docker technology
- Experience with cloud provider offerings, preferably AWS
- Fluency in Java or Scala
- Work hands-on with Engineering
Nice To Have
- Fluency in architectural areas of security, network, high-availability, reliability experience
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (IAM) concepts like OAuth, OpenID, OIDC, JWT
- Experience with Billing systems
- Experience in Adobe Marketo and Salesforce
- Experience with Dropwizard metrics, Grafana and Prometheus
- Fluency in either Python, Golang, or C++
What do we offer?
- Challenging problems to solve and work that makes a positive difference in the world
- Innovative and modern technologies
- Freedom to decide how to perform your work
- Variety in the types of projects
- Feedback so you will know how well you are doing
- Collaborative, supportive colleagues
- Truly international team of fantastic & talented people from 60+ countries worldwide, working from strong tech hubs located in Europe, US and Asia and multiple smaller locations
- Flexible working hours & flexible approach for office vs. remote work
- Medical cover for you and your family
- Competitive salary plus yearly variable bonus
- This role is eligible for Creative Tax Incentive scheme in Poland” or KUP (Autorskie Koszty Uzyskania Przychodu)
- B2B contracts possible
Change is HERE. Apply Now.
As part of HERE Technologies employment process, candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This offer and any related claims are subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. This will involve employment, education, and criminal verification if applicable.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people’s lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us.
Who are we?
HERE Technologies is a location data and technology platform company. We empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people’s lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us on our YouTube Channel.