Salary: $120,600 - $153,000 (Avg. Est.)
Job Type: Full time
Medical, dental, and vision, PTO, unlimited sick leave, paid parental leave, Sabbatical Leave, 401k, Flexible work arrangements, $1,000 new home office set up budget, monthly phone allowance, Monthly partial reimbursement for utilities, $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget, Equity stock options, Employee referral program, Commuter Benefits, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life and Accidental Death Insurance.
Sr. Software Engineer (Remote)
Sr. Software Engineer | Nava | USA |
Nava is a consultancy and public benefit corporation working to make government services simple, effective, and accessible to all. Since 2013, federal, state, and local government agencies have trusted Nava to build transformative digital services to help people access public benefits. Meeting our mission is an opportunity to restore trust between people and public institutions. We focus on populations that are the least protected because the stakes are higher.
As a client services company, we work with government agencies to improve how people apply for benefits, navigate their health care, and more. We bill for our time, selling our expertise and problem-solving methodology to government clients. Our clients hire us to help improve their products and services so that their users and beneficiaries have a better customer experience.
These end-users—the humans who benefit from our work—are at the core of everything we do. We research beneficiaries’ needs to help our government clients better deliver on their missions, providing everyone at Nava opportunities to do meaningful, impactful work.
You will work on small teams to build scalable infrastructure for our government — designing, implementing, and delivering services that millions of Americans depend on. You care deeply about working on technology that improves people’s lives but doesn’t think technology is always the answer. You are passionate about building large-scale systems that are inclusive, well-designed, fast, scalable, and secure, and you’ll help set high standards for our teams in terms of simplicity, empathy, and accessibility.
The Full-Stack Engineer in this role will be responsible for developing end-to-end systems for one of Nava’s major government partners. The objective is to modernize an existing legacy enterprise platform to improve its public-facing processes and experiences, which will enable users to have more access to the programs and services that they need, in real-time, in a more user-friendly and uncomplicated way. This individual will be involved in everything, from strategy, and planning to post-production testing and support.
What you’ll do
- Working with fellow Nava engineers to design, review, and build well-crafted software.
- Collaborating with government partners and other contractors to architect, implement, and deploy new systems and improvements to existing systems.
- Working in an Agile manner to efficiently ship new features that meet user needs.
- Creating tools and processes to automate our development, testing, and production workflows.
- Writing and reviewing technical documentation, and performing code reviews.
- Participating in an on-call rotation to support production systems and investigate issues when they occur.
- Taking part in hiring activities (e.g., submitting referrals, conducting interviews, and attending interview debriefs), as needed.
- At least 5 years of experience mapping and driving systemic improvements within complex service environments.
- At least 5 years of experience working in an agile, multidisciplinary team environment, preferably designing and building medium to large-scale web applications on Cloud Platforms
- Current and/or prior experience developing API endpoints with Kotlin, Java, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Understanding of web and mobile user interface design best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to design, build, and test semantic, accessible, Section 508-compliant web applications.
- Tenacity to dive into problems and iterate in working code.
- Equal parts systems thinker and advocate for users.
- Highly resourceful, reliable, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to think strategically around trade-offs and short-term vs. long-term benefits.
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative, and positive mindset.
- Excellent written and real-time communication, technical and otherwise.
$120,600 – $153,000 a year
● Must have lived in the United States for at least three (3) of the past five (5) years.
● An active green card or citizenship is required.
● Candidates who are offered a job with Nava must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
● Offer of hire is contingent upon completion of a background check that includes a criminal record history review.
● Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Perks working with Nava
● Your well-being is important to us, so we offer highly competitive benefits for medical, dental, and vision
● 20 days of PTO accrued, 12 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave
● 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave
● Sabbatical Leave
● 401k contributions match at 4% of your salary
● Flexible work arrangements
● $1,000 new home office set up budget, monthly phone allowance
● Monthly partial reimbursement for utilities (where applicable)
● $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget, on top of a LinkedIn Learning license
● Equity stock options
● Employee referral program
● Commuter Benefits
● Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
● Life and Accidental Death Insurance
● Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative, and vibrant culture, fostering remote work!
You can work in a hybrid work arrangement from one of Nava’s offices in NYC, DC, or San Francisco. We also have fully remote options if you reside in one of the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin.
*If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
Nava PBC equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work. Learn more about where we are today and hope to be by 2025.
Please contact the recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.
When applying state you found this job on Pangian.com Remote Network.<!––END––> <!––This code is for all the links at the end of each job post 11/1/2018––>
⇓ Want more? ⇓
See 100+ New Remote Jobs