Sr Staff It Project Manager (Remote)
Sr Staff It Project Manager | GE HealthCare | United States
Responsible for wing-to-wing execution of infrastructure technical projects to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and/or external customers. Partners with functional owner to define infrastructure requirements for GE HealthCare’s global facility footprint. Works with technical team internal and external to the initiative to ensure outcomes delivery on time, within scope and budget and of desired quality. Ensures project management practices are followed and improved as needed. Provides technical leadership in steering through risks related to infrastructure lifecycle management.At GE Healthcare, our passionate people are creating the products, solutions and services our customers need to deliver the best patient care possible.
Job Description***Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this position.***Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership in specifying requirements.
- Drive technology discussion and strategy in line with business needs.
- Define project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Define execution plan and approach based on project scope, expected timeline and available budget/resources.
- Facilitate convergence of functional and technical knowledge.
- Work with technical team often comprising of members of separate organizations to coordinate day-to-day execution as per outlined plan.
- Cooperate with and manage external vendors as required.
- Ensure pre-defined project management processes and practices are followed. Drive simplification and improvement as necessary.
- Lead the coordination of business requirement documentation, project documentation, project, project risk management, timelines, change management as well as post-implementation audit reviews.
- Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required.
- Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting.
- Ensure quality of deliverables are verified and matching stakeholder expectations.
- Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected.
- Provide status reporting, reporting metrics, and other operational measures to management on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, technology, engineering or math or related field with a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience.
- Experience working on global network/infrastructure/security projects.
- Experience working in a switched, routed, network environment to include understanding network terminologies, ideologies, and standards.
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources.
- Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others.
- Ability to lead multiple complex projects.
- Advanced knowledge of project management project resources and budgets.
- Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives.
- Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills -communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans.
- Change oriented – actively generates process improvements, champions, and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint.
- PMP, ScrumMaster or related Project Management certifications.
The salary range for this position is $100,000 – $150,000 per year. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus. Available benefits include health, welfare, retirement and paid leave.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust, lead with transparency, deliver with focus and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
While GE Healthcare does not currently require U.S. employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, some GE Healthcare customers have vaccination mandates that may apply to certain GE Healthcare employees.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No