Sr Staff Software Engineer Us Only (Remote)
Sr Staff Software Engineer Us Only | Experian | United States
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
This position will be supporting the Experian Consumer Services (ECS) – a passionate and innovative team with a mission to provide Financial Power to All™. Our portfolio offers credit education and identity protection solutions to consumers and helps businesses manage the impact of a data breach.
Experian is looking for a talented Senior Staff Software Engineer (Cloud native Java) that can thrive in fast paced agile environment, developing, and delivering innovative direct to customer products on a cloud native java platform. You will be leading projects and developers using cutting-edge technologies and a key player in designing and implementing product features. This is a highly technical role requiring excellent coding skills.
- Hands-On active contribution as a leading member of software engineering teams focused on building API based systems delivering highly secure, efficient and robust solutions in an aggressive timeframe.
- Develop highly scalable and reliable systems supporting consumer and data centric products and services on an AWS cloud-based platform
- Integrate 3rd Party and Internal API, async, and file-based services utilizing CSV, JSON, or XML data
- Own deliverables from ideation thru testing/validation and production operationalization
- Lead, mentor and collaborate with other team members
- Diligently observe and maintain Standards for Regulatory Compliance and Information Security
- Without fail deliver and maintain accurate, complete and current documentation
- 12+ years of software development experience building and testing applications with secure coding practices including at least 2 years of experience leading development efforts
- Currently hands-on collaboration on a team developing significant commercial software project in cloud native Java
- Proven proficiency developing in server-side Java and/or Netty applications using mainstream frameworks such as Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Reactor-Core.
- Current cloud technology experience, preferably AWS (Kubernetes, Fargate, S3, MSK or Kafka, Lambda, etc)
- A current working understanding of microservices, event driven techniques, and data pipelines
- A strong proven proficiency in SQL and NoSQL based data access and management
- Familiarity with async messaging, logging or queues, such as Kafka, NATS, SQS, RabbitMQ.
- Recent experience managing PII/secure/Sensitive data
- Demonstrable familiarity with CI/CD process, testing frameworks and practices (CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, CLI, etc.)
- Deep understanding of best design and software engineering practices, design principles and patterns and unit testing.
- Proficiency in developing easily monitored at the system and business operations level
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment, with ability and willingness to adapt to various technologies and simultaneously work on multiple projects
Additional Preferred Experience
- Extensive experience building systems for financial services or tightly regulated businesses
- Mass-market retail online consumer product experience
- Security and privacy compliance (GPDR, CCPA, ISO 27001, PCI, HIPAA, etc.) experience a plus
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. geographic markets. The base pay range for this position is listed above. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors such as job-related skills, experience and education. This position is also eligible for a variable pay opportunity and a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including paid parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped people and economies flourish – and we’re not done.
We take our people’s agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering, making an impact… the list goes on. See our DEI work in action!
The power of YOU. We are building a culture where everyone is comfortable bringing their whole self to work. A place where we not only respect our differences and values but celebrate them in a positive and supportive environment.
Find out what is like to work for Experian and discover the Unexpected!
Related JobsSee more All Other Remote Jobs