Co-operators Assurance et services financiers
Technical Supervisor Claims Property Building Appraiser (Remote)
Technical Supervisor Claims Property Building Appraiser | Co-operators Assurance et services financiers | Canada
Department: Property Claims
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Work Model: Remote-Based
Language: Bilingualism in English and French is an asset.
Job Grade: M1
Hiring Manager: Craig Faller
Referral Award: No
We are a leading Canadian financial services co-operative committed to being a catalyst for a sustainable and resilient society and our team is essential to deliver on this strategy. That’s why we prioritize our people, to ensure we provide a strong culture and development opportunities which enables our team to thrive and to live our purpose. The best part is that you will work with people that care passionately about you, our clients, and our communities.
Our Claims team aspires to create peace of mind for our clients and our communities. Our national team of knowledgeable and trusted professionals serve our clients with compassion. We are passionate about continuous improvement and operate with high-integrity, motivated by our desire to do the right thing for our clients.
The Technical Supervisor, Claims Property Building Appraiser is accountable for the day-to-day leadership, technical expertise, coaching, development, training, human resource and performance management of the Property Building Appraiser (PBA) Team. The Technical Supervisor, Claims Property Building Appraiser ensures the provision of consistent and seamless property appraisal services to the claims operations, in support of loss cost control and client engagement, in alignment with company objectives.
How you will create impact:
- Lead and cultivate an inspired working environment that encourages mastery, autonomy, purpose, and resiliency for a diverse team.
- Create a client service culture and embed client engagement into the claim’s operation, inspiring and motivating the appraisal team to provide the best claims experience in Canada.
- Develop and build expertise and knowledge in the business operations and remain current on relevant claims technology to best serve our clients.
- Provide technical training, coaching, counselling, and assist in the development of PBAs in making sound decisions regarding the investigation, assessment, negotiation and resolution of property building estimates. Monitor and analyze PBA unit’s results and trends, conduct appraisal reviews, provide feedback and implement plans to address trends.
- Leverage analytics and partnerships to optimize decision making and drive performance within the business unit.
- Ensure our major event response is consistent in coordination with the claims leadership teams.
- Provide technical support, training, coaching, counselling, and assist in the technical development of claims representatives in making sound decisions regarding damage evaluation and repairs.
- Ensure accuracy of building repair estimates up to $1,000,000.
- Coach and develop your team, recruit and select talent, recognize achievements, and manage performance to develop an agile team and achieve department objectives.
How you will succeed:
- You build trusting relationships and provide feedback to enable the successful development of your team and colleagues.
- You foster innovation and continuous improvement with a focus on client experience.
- You facilitate the adoption of change and create a high-performance culture through alignment of your team’s work with organizational goals.
- You successfully convey messages and demonstrate openness to exploring alternative points of view.
- You use critical thinking to guide decision making and apply a strategic mindset to adjust business plans based on shifting priorities.
To join our team:
- You have seven years of experience in claims, insurance or related business experience.
- You have a post-secondary education.
- You have or are working towards the Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP) or Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP).
- You have successful experience in coaching, developing and leading others with a positive focus on teamwork and professionalism, and exhibits a high degree of autonomy and resiliency.
- Superior skills and knowledge in building construction; building repair estimation; knowledge of property estimating software.
What you need to know:
- You will travel occasionally.
- This role involves direct contact with clients and/or service providers in their environment
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
- Extended work hours, including evenings and weekends, may be required.
- Rotational shifts outside of standard business hours, Monday through Friday may be required
What’s in it for you?
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career.
- Flexible work options and paid time off to support your personal and family needs.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with a supportive workplace culture.
- Paid volunteer days to give back to your community.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, pension and benefits.