Website The Idea People
CUSTOM WORK MAKES YOU STAND OUT.
Remote Frontend WordPress Developer
Remote Frontend WordPress Developer | The Idea People | Remote | USA |
Frontend WordPress Developer
REMOTE · Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
US DEVELOPERS ONLY. Anyone outside of the United States will not be considered.
TIP has an opening for a talented remote WordPress frontend developer to add to our distributed team who has a continuous desire to innovate, learn and progress. This job will begin as contract work, and after a couple of projects can turn into a full-time remote position.
The ideal candidate for this position is a team-player with a “can do” attitude, solid client communication skills and a strong knowledge of general website development best practices.
We offer a diverse project workload with a fun culture, relaxed atmosphere and a respect for a work/life balance. You will become part of our culture with fly-ins to our unique loft-style open office space in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina in the Third Ward located just 2 blocks from The Carolina Panthers Stadium.
- Build, update, manage, optimize new and existing WordPress websites based on designs, requirements, meetings, conference calls, and notes.
- Ability to develop custom WordPress themes: starting from a blank theme & creating custom post types, custom fields, and custom taxonomies to match content types in design comps.
- Working with WP-related PHP functions & actions: writing custom WP loops, using actions/ filters to modify post content, writing custom shortcodes & widgets.
- Implement best-practices for website search engine effectiveness (SEO-friendly).
- Quality assurance website testing for cross-browser compatibility, responsive design and general website performance.
- Expert at CSS interactive design.
- Comfortable writing Sass (SCSS syntax) including the following: variables, functions, mixins, loops.
- Write clean and reusable code.
- An understanding of MVC patterns, object-oriented programming, and test-driven development principles.
- Experience with Agile development (Scrum).
- Great understanding of REST APIs.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills for both technical and strategic discussions.
- Ability to play well with others and be a good human being.
- Comfortable working from comps in Photoshop, Figma and Sketch Experience with version control via BitBucket.
- Comfortable maintaining local server environment (*AMP stack).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study and/or demonstrated work experience.
- Experience developing and managing WordPress websites for clients.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work and manage organic tasks and priorities within project deadlines.
- Ongoing flexibility and willingness to learn a variety of tasks.
- Willingness to learn other CMS systems including CraftCMS and DjangoCMS.
- 2+ years’ experience working with databases and database architectures.
- 2+ years’ experience working with web-based technologies and practices.
- 2+ years’ experience developing and testing responsive websites.
- 2+ years’ experience building SEO-friendly websites
Employees enjoy our benefits!
- Health, dental and life insurance coverage.
- Disability coverage.
- 401k plan.
- Continuous raises and promotions for stellar work.
- Three weeks of paid vacation plus holidays.
- Bonus week of paid vacation the last week of December.
- After three years, an extra week of paid vacation time.
- After five years, substantial five-figure bonus and four week sabbatical.
- Remote-friendly schedules.
- Flexible hours, telecommuting, and laptops.
- Professional development and networking allowances.
- Company-paid conference attendance allowance.
- Wellness programs and gym rebates.
- Team outings, free food and fun times.
- Paid parental leave.
TIP, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
No recruiters, please.