Website Tyk Technologies
an open source API Gateway
Remote Junior Frontend developer (JS)
Remote Junior Frontend developer (JS) | Tyk Technologies | Remote | United Kingdom |
Junior Frontend developer (JS)
REMOTE · United Kingdom
The Tyk platform offers a developer-friendly, user-friendly, UX-driven portfolio of products that help our users manage the full life-cycle of their APIs and Services. Our Dashboard and Cloud products enable our users to not only manage their APIs, but also helps them work with more complex patterns such as Microservice and Service Meshes. A core component of this capability is that the interface that we deliver is fast, responsive, friendly and easy to use.
What can you do with us?
We’re looking for a Junior Frontend Engineer (JS) to help us build the next wave of Tyk products, you will be working alongside our existing front-end team, and with our seasoned back-end Go team. You’ll be working on core product and ensuring quality and craft in everything you do.
The primary responsibilities for this role are to:
- Tackling GitHub related issues across our interface stack
- Continuously improving your technical skills
- Collaborating with the UI/UX team, Back End and Quality Assurance teams
Your day to day will include things like:
- Solving UI bugs or small features in our Dashboard
- Learn about the technology stack we’re using
- Take part and collaborate on the meetings we’re having with UX/Design, Back End team members
- Writing unit tests for your code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of HTML(5) and CSS(3) (selectors, box model, floats, positions, etc.)
- Integration with REST JSON APIs
- Knowledge of building a responsive layout
- Some experience with Frontend frameworks (Angular/React )
- TDD experience (Jasmine, Jest, Mocha or other)
- Webpack (or any other similar module bundlers) experience
- Have 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Are a team player
- Are business fluent in spoken and written English
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes equity. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.