Manager, People and Culture
Remote Manager, People & Culture | WBECS | Remote | Europe |
Imagine being a leader in the team behind the world’s leading online event for professional Coaches. Working with the very top thought leaders in Business and Executive Coaching including professors from Harvard University and leading academic institutes. Working directly with the coaches of thought leaders like Richard Branson, Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, NASA, the President of the World Bank and other world leaders. Those are the coaches we work with personally to help get their amazing thought leadership out to the world and due to our fast growth we are looking for an exceptional new team member to join us.
Following running the world’s leading online event for coaches with 50 of the top thought leaders for the coaching industry we then identify one or two of the very best to work with on an individual project to launch one of their programs to the world. The last project we worked on was Coach Master Toolkit, see HERE. The next program, launching later this year, will be working with David Peterson, the Director, Centre of Expertise, Leadership Development & Executive Coaching.
Our mission at WBECS is to raise the global standard of coaching by providing executive coaches with the highest quality content available in the industry. WBECS is a growing remote global workforce; we are truly passionate about our people!
This is not your typical office job. Our passionately engaged team works 100% remote and collaborates vigorously. “We consider ourselves as a family and here’s an inside look at some of the family fun.” The lifestyle design is flexible but full-on and the culture is fast-paced. We consider our work our “art” and strive for excellence in everything we do.
• Create a one-year People and Culture roadmap, outlining key objectives and initiatives for the function, including team member recruiting, on-boarding, engagement, and retention, ensuring alignment with WBECS overall vision, mission, goals, and values.
Culture and Engagement
• Engage with the leadership team to build a fulfilling and inspiring workplace experience for our diverse and global team, cultivating a positive experience at every step of the ‘employee’ journey.
• Create and manage a process for team member feedback and engagement. Provide analysis and recommendations for improvements based on the team member feedback. Work with the leadership team to prioritize and implement the recommendations.
• Enhance the employee experience by improving and maintaining a positive and inclusive culture of collaboration, continued development, and communication.
• Develop and maintain creative ways for team member introductions, responsibility explanations, and other methods of organizational understanding.
• Lead internal communications through Slack, sending company announcements, newsletters and ensuring team awareness and engagement with the WBECS brand.
Policies and Documentation
• Organize existing Personnel policies, documents, and templates. Recommend and draft additional policies and templates as needed. Ensure that each member of the team is aware of all key policies, and where to find relevant information.
• Maintain all required documentation; create processes and documentation for hiring managers to help them gather all needed documents.
• Develop and maintain role descriptions for all members of the team ensuring that all team members are clear what their role is, what everyone else in WBECS does and how they can progress in their own role.
• Develop and maintain an organizational chart, to show reporting lines and accountability for tasks within each department.
• Manage and monitor employee absence and performance through CakeHR.
• Keep up-to-date with industry trends, developments and work continuously on own continued professional development.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Experience
• Love what they do, and have fun doing it!
• 4 to 6 years of HR background with a real passion for the employee experience, and able to keep regular contact with the team at all levels
• Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to plan and lead on projects, develop milestones and meet specific deadlines
• Strong recruiting experience, with knowledge of effective international and independent contractor recruiting channels and practices
• Experience with creating, reviewing and implementing policies and guidelines in a friendly and team-focused way
• Strong attention to detail, ability to create and maintain documentation and systems related to people processes and management requirements
• Experience building and maintaining strong, cohesive cultures and team member engagement in a distributed workforce
• Experience guiding team members and managers regarding common personnel, management, and other sensitive issues
• Experience coaching team members and working with managers to improve team and manager effectiveness, and team member performance
• Experience working with a diverse, multi-national, millennial workforce
• Willing to regularly work during core European business hours that align with our Eastern Time Zone program activities.
• Have, or are willing to develop the ability to collaborate with, and inspire those around them
• A strong commitment to doing what’s right, ethical, and can maintain confidentiality
• Have a strong professional presence, bold and purposeful
• Ability to be highly flexible, and adaptable, with a bias toward action, and timely accomplishment of key tasks
• Have knowledge/understanding of Slack, Gmail, Google Drive, HRIS and Asana.
3 direct references from current or immediately previous role
Competitive with bonuses and unlimited growth opportunities.
PLUS the most unique work environment that includes bonuses in the form of amazing trips to countries like Costa Rica, Thailand, Croatia, and beyond as a reward for successful launches!
Most importantly you will be working with our team that considers itself a family of people who will welcome you with open arms.
1. Answers to the questions listed here: Questionnaire for People & Culture Manager
2. A cover letter explaining why you are an excellent fit for this role and this epic team
3. Your resume via email ussing the apply button below with the subject line: Manager, People & Culture
Note: Applicants, who do not submit a cover letter, complete and submit the questionnaire with their application will not be considered.
This position is 100% remote as we are a global team! Primary working hours are US Eastern Time-based and will require exible hours during program launches.
We will be setting up interviews immediately. Thank you!