When applying state you found this job on Pangian.com Remote Network.
Connect Your Apps and Automate Workflows
Remote Customer Champion | Zapier | Remote | Worldwide | European and African business hours (UTC to UTC +3) |
Customer Champion – Barcelona, Spain
This role is for someone who can support our growing team during European and African business hours (UTC to UTC +3). Please only apply for the role that best fits your region and not all available roles.
This is a standing job listing. That means we may not be actively looking for a new Customer Champion at the moment, but we are frequently enough that we take applications since the next time we will be looking is right around the corner.
We’re looking for someone who loves helping people solve tricky technical problems. If you love interacting with people on a daily basis to help them learn how to optimize their work then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You’re empathetic to users and can easily put yourself in their shoes. You realize that not everyone has the same skill set and that smart people sometimes make mistakes. You make customers feel empowered after interacting with support and not stupid because of a small mistake.
- You obsess over the details. Maybe you have one emoticon and one exclamation point rule of thumb for every email. Maybe it’s only two sentences per paragraph. Either way, you make sure each word and each punctuation mark makes the customer delighted to work with you.
- You love solving problems. Every customer is different, many times radically so. You relish being able to meet their specific need, and also solving their problems that may have gone unsaid.
- You love to write. Almost everything at Zapier is done via written communication (both with customers and between teammates).
- You’re persistent. Support at Zapier is much different than at many software companies. It’s not the same questions over and over again and often involves researching technical nuances of the apps we support. You love the opportunity to solve new problems every day and won’t give up when you don’t know the answer right away.
- You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
- You love to set your own course. At Zapier, we have quick team meetings each week and one-on-one meetings every month and then we go make things happen. You get to make things happen without someone saying so.
- We believe giving the best support to our customers is important. For that reason, we only consider candidates who want to dedicate at least the next year or two to giving great support to Zapier customers.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Help customers via email or chat to ensure they have the best experience possible (teammates tend to send 60+ emails every day), troubleshooting their problems and answering their questions.
- Write documentation to help users help themselves (all the documentation on our help site is written and maintained by the support team: https://zapier.com/help/)
- Work with the product team to build tools that will speed up and increase the quality of support at the same time
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
- For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
- We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
- We believe that with the right tools, you can have a big impact with less hassle.
- We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
- We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: European and African business hours time zones (UTC to UTC +3)
If you want to work remote, that’s great. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. Our team of 170+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
However, due to the unique needs of support, we do hire with coverage for specific timezones in mind. Generally speaking, this means that we count on new teammates to work from the timezone they’re hired in. As with every rule, there are absolutely exceptions and flexibilities, and advance notice of long-term timezone changes goes a long way! If you have any questions on this at all, we’d be happy to discuss the specifics of your situation during the interview process.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
- *While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.