This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
My name is Justin Peifer, and I'm a a 24 year old currently weathering out the pandemic in my hometown of Montgomery, Alabama. Traveling is a huge passion of mine, and I've spent the last 2 years exploring the American Southwest, working seasonal jobs at the Grand Canyon, and spending much of the off-season in the beautiful city of Kyiv, Ukraine. One of my favorite things about traveling is being able to meet people from all walks of life. My closest friends are from all over the world, and I love being able to talk and explore our cultural differences and similarities.
I left Birmingham Southern College in 2018 to work at the Grand Canyon, and am currently just a few courses away from finishing my psychology degree online with Troy University. I find that having knowledge in psychology helps me make connections with people from many different backgrounds and cultures. Communicating with and helping people is one of my biggest passions, and I take pride in making someone’s day better in any way.
In my spare time I enjoy music, photography, cycling, and running. There's plenty more that I would love to talk about, and I look forward to getting to know you and your company!
Pizza Maker | Mellow Mushroom | Montgomery Alabama | July 2013-November 2013
• Restocked kitchen supplies, rotated food, and time stamped food in coolers
• Performed general cleaning activities in kitchen and dining areas
• Opened and closed the restaurant, as well as made pizzas and calzones to order for customers
Smoothie Maker | Smoothie King | May 2014-August 2015 | Montgomery/Prattville, Alabama
Opened and closed shop,made smoothies to order for customers, and helped train incoming employees
Housekeeping Inspector/Houseman | Forever Resorts | May 2018-October 2019 | Grand Canyon, Arizona/ Bryce Canyon, Utah
• Carried linens, towels, and cleaning supplies using wheeled carts
• Kept storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy
• Hung draperies and dusted window blinds
• Observed precautions required to protect hotel and guest properties, and reported damage, theft, and lost items to supervisors
• Inspected the quality of rooms cleaned by housekeepers to ensure that they were up to the company standard
• Remained on-call throughout the afternoon after the housekeepers left, to replentish cleaning supplies, as well as attend to any requests the
cabins had at night
Food Service Member | Forever Resorts | May 2019-October 2019 | Grand Canyon, Arizona
• Worked in all areas of the "Deli at the Pines",including cashier,pizza maker, and hot-line attendant.
• Made pizzas and sandwiches to-order for incoming customers.
• Adhered to ServSafe food and beverage safety standards
• Mainly worked as a cashier, addressing any concerns and needs from customers.
• Used MICROS system for any cash or credit transactions.
• Worked to satisfy customers from many different cultural backgrounds, and make sure that their needs were me, even if they couldn't speak
• Used a high degree of communication skills to address coworkers and customers that were from foreign countries.
• Opened and closed shop, cleaning all surfaces, wrapping any leftover food, and mopping the deli floors.
Host/Server | Cal-A-Vie Spa Resort | January 2020- March 2020 | Vista, California
• Prepared room for dining by setting up tables, setting decorations, and polishing dishes, in addition to a separate room for hor d'ouvres.
• Introduced, served, and answered any questions about the hors d'oeuvres, main dish, and desserts that guests had.
• Memorized the daily menu, and its variations before interacting with the guests.
• Memorized the allergy needs and personal preferences of each guest, and made sure that the meals conformed to those needs.
• Delivered and picked up room trays for guests that did not want to eat in the main dining hall.
• Picked up and folded tablecloths from the laundry department.
• Memorized the names of each guest, and made sure that their stay was up to or exceeding their expectations.
• Resolved any issues that guests may have had.